Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Revisiting the two week wait

I said I would return to talk about my two week wait, and I have!

So my FET happened on May 20th. Because the house next door was in the midst of being renovated, we decided to rent a service suite for two weeks so I could rest better. We found one with a kitchen and also washer/dryer, and at a decent rate. We moved in the night before so that I could just rest right after the transfer.

I remember wearing my new Miffy children's T that I bought from Uniqlo over the weekend. It has a big cute Miffy bunny down the front, to symbolise the cute baby I hoped to have soon.

So all went well (despite the ultra-difficult task of holding my pee in after the procedure!).

We went hope and the next few days were bliss, as the hubs also took some time off to spend with me at the suite. Because I had to wake up like clockwork to take my pills and also insert the icky Cyclogest pills, we would wake up by eight every morn and stroll down for breakfast (free with the room). The selections were meh, but also because I couldn't eat the sausages, cold cuts or fruits.

I spent most of my time watching depressing Japanese movies online (check out Nobody Knows, you'll cry buckets!) but it was fun! When the hubs went to work, I basically filled up most of the time cooking lunch and dinner. I also crocheted a bit, but was a bit too tired for much.

It was towards the middle of the two week wait that I thought I felt a bit nauseous, but thinking back, it was probably a bit too early for that. Phantom pregnancy symptoms at work!

I did get a bit worried when the nausea went off and I didn't see any signs of spotting at all.

But lo and behold, it was a Saturday (May 30th) when we went back home for a while to pack some more stuff, and there were bits of spotting. Very light, almost non-existent, but a brown spot nevertheless. I told the hubs and he started grinning from ear to ear.

We immediately went to a pharmacy and the hubs told the cashier to hand him five packs of pregnancy tests (to which the cashier said: Wah, so excited?).

I waited till the next morning to test. Woke up bright and early and just did it. I was a bit nervous when I saw the control line first, and no sign of the other line. But a minute later I looked back and there it was! Staring back at me! My first ever double line! I hobbled over to the hubs and shook him awake. I thought he would still be groggy but he gave me a big smile and we both prayed a little.

I tested in the morning the next few days just for fun (always wanted to do that!). The double lines didn't really get darker -- they were about the same.

Ooh and a few days prior to this I did feel some tugging in my tummy, kinda like tugging cramps.

And so we did the beta test on June 2nd and we got THE NEWS!

Still can't believe it's been more than a month since then :)

I really enjoyed my two week break at the service suite and wished we could've stayed longer. Perhaps we'll do that when it's closer to the time I deliver :0

No comments:

Post a Comment