Sunday, 28 June 2015

Tofu, lounge pants and Little Miss Princess

Oh and today we went grocery shopping to buy even more food.

Awhile back I cleverly bought a box of dashi miso paste. After one meal, I decided I couldn't stand the taste of it. I seem to have developed an aversion to cooking my usual foods. So the agenda today was to get ingredients that I could stomach.

So I came home with:
Msg-free chicken stock - to make chicken soup noodles
Crispy spicy prawn sambal - to make aglio olio
Mince pork - for mapo tofu which I had been craving, and also for porridge if that's all I feel like
Campbell's chicken and vegetable soup + chicken soup - for the 11pm hunger pangs (thank God I bought these as the hubs forgot to buy the mashed potato for me again!)
Grapefruit - citrusy fruits suppose to make me feel better
Orange juice - ditto
Tofu - for said mapo tofu, though I wish they had the japanese mapo tofu box spice that I wanted to try
Mango salsa - salsa! Have been craving for something tangy to dip my chips in
Kellogg's cereal bars - for in-between snacks at work
Snickers - as above
Waffles - for breakfast! Have been having trouble finding breakfast food that I feel like eating

I've cut out milk products for now as they give me diarrhea and bloating almost immediately. Even a cup of soup in a packet, creamy mushroom, doubles up my stomach size.

Oh and I'd love to share that I bought myself L sized Moomin lounge pants from Uniqlo! They are super comfy -- have been eyeing them for a while and even told my mom that she could get a few for me for my birthday. There was a sale today so I just got two pairs on my own. Super love how they look and feel! Think they should last till the second trimester at least. Mom said to buy XL, but I'd better not.

Also bought a book: Toxic Chilhood: How the modern world is damaging our children and what we can do about it. Definitely looked more interesting than the What to Expect when you're Expecting books which keep telling me about my pregnancy, when I'd really love to know how to prepare for my babies' first year.

Also bought a Little Miss Princess book. Couldn't resist as it was too cute! Think I'll get a box set when the kids come along :) 














No comments:

Post a Comment