If you google "pregnancy must-haves", you'll find lots of suggestions from pregnant ladies everywhere.
So here's my list of pregnancy must-haves for the first trimester.
1. Big U pregnancy pillow - just ordered this from Lazada. I hope it's as comfy as they say! I've been having this backache whenever I go shopping or walk for too long. The miracle pillow is supposed to help.
2. Extra virgin coconut oil - my friend who had her daughter over a year ago swears by this. Finally found a bottle in Jaya Grocer. Lathered it all over and yes, the hubs says it smells like rendang.
3. Larger tights - I've been loving the versatile black tights from Uniqlo but had to go from M to L since last week. Was going to invest in more when I chanced upon this neat rubberband maternity trick. Tried it out today on my jeans and it worked beautifully :)
4. Comfortable wireless bra - for when the nights are squishy times for your bosom. I've been wearing one that actually has wires, but is a sort of T-shirt bra that is super comfy.
5. Gas/gastric medicine - we don't have Tums here but anything else will just do. I tend to get this heartburny feeling whenever I eat red chillies. But I can't do without them or I won't feel like eating my meal.
6. Soft gel ice pack - for when the headaches strike! I bought this nice gel-like one that never freezes from Guardian a while back and it works like a dream. Bought another one so I can sleep on one and have another on my forehead.
7. Various snacks - salty chips, gerkins, salsa, kimchi, candy, lollipops -- just throw 'em in the trolley. Half of those things I've stopped eating but hey, I may like em later. This is for when the nausea
8. Soda crackers + air tight box - I've been eating a sugary soda cracker the first thing I wake up. I don't know if it helps with the nausea as I still do get a bit queasy later on but it sure is easy to munch on. I put them in a snap tight box beside my bed.
9. Babycentre app - like this one. It alerts me week by week. Just told me yesterday that I'm 8 weeks! And tells me what's happening to my babies. Loads of tips included too. Sure beats reading the What to Expect book.
10. Canned soup - the powdered packet ones just aren't the same. Sure soothes the salty cravings at night. The hubs is preparing a cream of chicken soup for me as we speak. Ugh. I'm feeling a little sick now.
Will update the list if I can think of anything else! Oh and this is another must-have:
11. Flat shoes - I've been wearing my Tiamo brogues for the longest time and they are perfect for pregnant ladies. Super comfy and doesn't trip me over and matches well with absolutely everything.
New update at 15 weeks: More must-haves!
12. Bra extender - I got these fabulous bra extender hooks from here for just RM1.50! I am not a fan of shopping for bras, so having these are great! I reckon I can still wear my current bra perhaps till delivery time...(or is that wishful thinking?)
13. Salt lemon candy - Super life savers! I popped one into my mouth each time I felt like puking and it works like a charm. You can get them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment